Sunday, November 19, 2006

Starting Over

Okay since I last had time to blog , I was drowning in my sorrow for my father who is ill.
My dear husband allowed me sometime away to go help my Mom and my sister.
My dad is improving slowly so keep those prayers coming . They are helping I am sure !
The Cancer he has still has not be addressed yet but I am hoping we can try and treat it soon.
Thats right be positive!!!!!
I went to Alabama on Tuesday flew in that morning went straight to the hospital ,and that continued till Thursday afternoon. I departed for the Atl needless to say, flying into the night and landing in the drive way about 10pm. I went straight upstairs to unpack and repack to travel to Raleigh on Fri am. My oldest son had a soccer tournament. So back in the car early Friday morning to travel another 8 hrs in the car . Yes I arrived , exhausted and ready to watch a weekend of Soccer. Not a real ideal place to run here at the hotel . But i was determined to do something for myself this weekend.

When we got back from the soccer fields on Saturday evening I did it . I on my own decided to go to the exercise room . I was dissapointed I really wanted to run by there was not treadmill insight.
The stair master was broke. I thought oh sh** this is not cool . I really want to start my training back . I have been off for 6 weeks now because of the knee and family crisis.

AH ha they have a stationery bike !!! I will ride this . It was great !!!! I suprised myself and rode the bike for 30 minutes with just a little knee pain and the distance was 5miles. I thought to myself she's coming back !!!!! Yeah .

13 Comments:

Blogger Perry said...

The bike is always a good choice when your legs hurt from running. You might also consider juggling. That can be a real workout.

Perry
Just Your Average Joggler

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging! I see you've been blogging for a bit, but this is my first visit - via Wes' blog.

Good for you for getting in there and doing something. Something is always better than nothing. :) Keep it up!

8:01 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

Nice job on your 5 mile bike ride!!

I will be praying for your father.

8:16 PM  
Blogger J~Mom said...

Great job on your bike ride!! I will keep praying for your father!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

That's my girl. I sleep so much better with you in the bed than the four dogs.... Just one of the little things I don't overlook ;-)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Neese said...

that's awesome dee dee, something IS better than nothing and you are coming back nicely... so sorry about your daddy.

7:18 AM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

Belated welcome to blogland!
Good on you for not just saying, I'm tired, I won't work out and giving up. Litttle by little is how you get where you want to go. Well done! And what good news about your father, I am so glad.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Way to stay strong and take care of yourself. Trying to keep at with an injury is a big pain in the behind.

I'm still sending prayers your way for your dad. Hang in there.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Aleks said...

Happy to hear from you again Dee Dee! I was on a conference call for work the other day and asked the team when "Dee Dee" would be joining the call... the reply I got was "DEE is on her way in". Needless to say, you've been on my mind. :)

Great job getting back into training... it can be so hard to find time and strength to get into training when life happens...

6:09 PM  
Blogger Run for Chocolate said...

Way to perservere! HOpe your dad gets better soon.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Backofpack said...

Dee Dee,
You are doing great! You are dealing with a lot of stress with your Dad, but you are conscious about taking care of yourself too. Hang in there, and as one of your commenters said, just a little at a time till it's done.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Hi DeeDee, you and Wes are a great team.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Hey Dee Dee! Popped in to say hello. As big as this world is there are a few of us that have really connected via our various blogs (that Wes character is one of the good ones).

Have a great weekend and keep up the training. Praying for your dad. Take care.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home