Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Final Chapter

Well its official . My dad passed away on Tuesday night November 28th .
A heartfelt thank you to all who prayed for him. I came home early that evening to do some accounting work for the restaurant at home. I got a text from Wes who encourange me not to sit there, but to meet him at the half way return point for his run back home.
I said yea and dragged my sorry but off the couch and the puter and changed out of my work clothes . It was a strange night out but the running conditions were awesome !!! Not to hot a little cool but good . The sky was clear and thoughts of my Dad were with me.
While I was on my was to meet Wes, I was talking to my Dad ,and told him that I did not want him to suffer ! I was proud of him and I know he was strong and his mind still healthy. Which really sucks to see some you love ,still with such a good mind beign taken right infront of you by Cancer.
Especially Lung Cancer. It was only diagnosed 5 weeks ago after his biopasy. It is one of the most aggressive types a Cancer you can get. He is one of the few unfortunate people to get asbestos exposure and poisioning while working. Its awful but my Dad was a brave person.
I meet Wes finished my run3 miles. With little knee pain yea!!!

I got the dreaded phone call later that evening that my Dad had left his shell of a body and his spirit was free !! His pain was no longer. He can breath !
I will miss him! :(

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

So sorry to hear about your father, Dee Dee. But I think that you have a great attitude about it. He didn't have to suffer long and now his spirit is free. It's time to celebrate his wonderful life. I think that is a much better way to honor someone than mourning their death.

(((hugs)))

Jodi

5:38 AM  
Blogger J~Mom said...

I am so sorry about your father. I agree that it is a better place to be pain free. Thinking of you! (((HUGS)))

10:34 AM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father. *hugs*

3:33 PM  
Blogger Aleks said...

There is nothing I can say to make the situation better. I'm so proud of you for your courage and determination to get through this tough time. I'll still be thinking of you for a long time... keep running, be strong and lean on that great family you have!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Mmem said...

I am so sorry for the loss of you dad. I think it is beautiful that you talked to him while you were running.

Peace to you and your loved ones, and peace to your dad as well.

(((((peace))))))

8:11 PM  
Blogger TRI Vortex said...

Sorry to hear about things, but it's good to see that (it seems) you're taking things in stride. It must be that time of the year. My friend just informed me that his wife's father was stabbed to death 2 weeks ago. Nothing does a better job at getting things into perspective than death. Good thing you got Wes there.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home